The hair care industry is constantly growing. The number of hair salon businesses in 2019 came in at 972,000 units, according to a market research report from IBIS World.
Children’s hair salons are a niche in the general market, but they make up at least 10 percent of the overall annual industry revenue.
With consumers looking more and more to professional hair services, entrepreneurs are jumping for a chance to get a cut of the action.
However, many entrepreneurs are walking into business ownership without a complete and trustworthy guide to success. That’s where we come in. With a franchise like Pigtails & Crewcuts, you receive a proven framework, training, and support every step of the way.
Here’s what you need to know before opening your own children’s hair salon franchise:
Searching for the Right Site Location
The location of your site is essential to driving the prosperity of your franchise. We want your salon to be in the most visible, accessible and high-traffic location possible, positioning you for success from the get-go.
Once you narrow down which local market you want to enter, our corporate team methodically researches market demographics and uses industry-leading expertise and data-driven insight to bring you the most optimal location choices. Our analysis covers multiple aspects of the potential market, including population density and the number of families in the area.
We also search for site qualities that have proven successful for other franchisees. For example, several of our franchisees thrive in neighborhood shopping centers because parents frequently bring their children along on these trips.
Securing the Best Site Price
We understand that becoming a franchisee is a big investment, so we work hard to ensure real estate and construction costs are as affordable as possible.
With that in mind, we help you seek out second-generation real estate. Typically, costs fall in a range from $15,000 to $90,000, depending on the site’s size, condition, location, and local market conditions. In comparison, buying an existing salon or starting from the ground up on your own can cost between $40,000 and $500,000.
In order to ease the financial stress for our franchisees, our corporate support team does extensive, comparative research into your local real estate options so we can secure the best pricing in your market.
Prepping for Success
Once you’ve found the perfect location, it’s time to begin the design process. We understand this experience can be overwhelming, so don’t worry – we’re here to help. The Pigtails & Crewcuts team will provide you with several site layout and design plans, as well as the supplies and equipment to get you up and running.
We have pre-established guidelines so you can focus on marketing and opening your business instead of stressing over what paint color to choose.
Spreading the Word
One of the key aspects of pre-opening is marketing your service to the community. We also provide assistance with this, so you can learn our system while also getting the best marketing strategies and support.
- Marketing your store before opening not only brings in customers who are looking for a welcoming environment for their children, but it also has the ability to attract the right employees for your team.
- Your team adds serious value to your business by creating a connection with customers and their children. Not only do they help generate loyal clientele, but they also help new hires learn the ropes successfully and help you retain and attract new talent.
- We also recommend engaging with your business community. Groups like your Chamber of Commerce hold serious networking power and can increase your exposure, as well as help plan special events centered around your opening day.
- Speaking of opening day, plan a soft opening to generate community excitement while also helping your team understand how your grand opening will operate. Take the time to go over the event afterward so that tweaks aren’t being made during your grand opening.
- While in a perfect world everything goes the way it should, have a backup plan in case an unexpected problem arises. Being prepared helps you and your team navigate any hiccup without letting your guests know.
We understand taking the plunge into business ownership can seem daunting and stressful, so we provide thorough, step-by-step support to help you achieve your business objectives from the start.